While the US accounts for more than 80% of the global Cyber insurance premiums, there are now compelling reasons for a significant expansion in Europe. With threats increasing, GDPR now in force and a wave of new regulations regarding financial disclosure, the premium tide may be shifting.
On Tuesday, December 4th at 4 PM GMT / 11AM EST, a panel of experts reviewed key aspects that differentiate the European Cyber Risk marketplace from the US. They discussed the differences between the US and European cyber insurance landscape in terms of coverage options, market demand across small, midsize, and large companies, and the outlook for future growth. The free, one-hour webinar also covered legal gray areas, risk assessment, silent cyber, and the specter of cyber espionage.
The following topics were discussed:
• What is the impact of GDPR, Brexit and other European political change on the European Cyber Risk?
• How is the evolving nature of Cyber Risk complicating the issues of insuring Cyber Risk?
• What is the outlook for the European Cyber Risk marketplace in 2019?
• Martin Kreuzer, Corporate Underwriter Cyber Risks, Munich Re
• Jamie Bouloux, CEO, EmerginRisk
• Hans Allnut, Partner, Cyber & Data Risk Practice Leader, DAC Beachcroft LLP
• Elizabeth Queen, Vice President Risk Management, Wolters Kluwer
• Erin Ayers, Editor of Cyber Front Page News, Advisen (Moderator)