The hype around the annual Hollywood ‘love-in’ that is the Oscars season is in full swing, with actors, directors, agents and the press gearing up for tears of pain and of joy on 2 March.
We’d hate for you to miss out on your chance to partake in the agony and the ecstasy of the Awards season, so Advisen launched its first Cyber Awards this week, to much fanfare.
Do you have a cyber achievement you want to shout about? Or have you been looking for the right opportunity to honor a colleague or friend who has contributed positively to the development of the cyber risk universe throughout their careers?
I’d urge you to engage in the process, which will bestow extremely prestigious recognition awards on the most deserving cyber risk industry individuals and teams – not to mention a great, social night out with colleagues and friends to celebrate these achievements on 18 June in New York City.
The lines are now open for nominations for the six award categories:
The categories are:
- Cyber Risk Industry Legend This prestigious award will recognize and show the entire community’s gratitude to a visionary who – through dedication, foresight and leadership – has enhanced and developed the cyber risk sector through their career. The winner of this award may be a technological innovator, insurer, broker, risk manager, lawyer or other service provider who has significantly driven the development of this sector.
- Cyber Risk Event Response Team For insureds in today’s global and digital environment, it is increasingly becoming a question of ‘when?’ and not ‘if?’ when the subject of Cyber Breach is discussed. When the worst happens, the teams that offer the support to navigate their client’s way through the event are worth their weight in gold. This award will honor such a team from a live 2013 event example. Nominations are open to all insureds who have in-house teams or assemble teams from third-party suppliers to handle the identification, containment, communication, and remediation of a cyber event.
- Cyber Risk Innovation of the Year Successful entrants in this award category will be from any sector within the cyber market, whose specific initiative – including new service technology, IT development, risk management innovation, new product, or introduction of new parties to the cyber market – has significantly aided its development. The winner of this broad category will be a corporation or a team whose specific innovation has made an outstanding contribution to improving the way that cyber risk is managed in the past year.
- Best Cyber Risk Team Nominees will be highly effective technology, information security, or risk management teams who have made an outstanding contribution to the management and understanding of cyber risk within their organizations. The winner of this award will have demonstrated either a market-leading methodology to measure and contain cyber risk, established a new team to begin the process within their organization or adopted an innovative or pioneering approach to cyber risk.
- Best Cyber Risk Broking Team This award recognizes the efforts of a dedicated, innovative broking team that has worked tirelessly in the past year to expand understanding of cyber risk insurance in the wider marketplace. The winner will have expanded the cyber sector either by a new sales technique or initiative, investing in teams of experts, or by having the best take-up rate in the market.
- Best Cyber Risk Insurer The winner of this award will be an insurance company that has demonstrated an ongoing commitment to cyber through investment and entrepreneurialism, along with outstanding underwriting results.