Advisen is leading the way to smarter and more efficient risk and insurance communities. Through its information, analytics, ACORD messaging gateway, news, research, and events, Advisen reaches more than 150,000 commercial insurance and risk professionals at 8,000 organizations worldwide. The company was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in New York City, with offices in the US and the UK.
- Process year end 1099 statements
- Maintain vendor files and obtain W-9’s, as required
- Maintain quarterly and annual tax provision spreadsheets.
- Prepare domestic sales and use tax returns & foreign UK VAT returns
- Ad-hoc tax duties, including research, as needed
- Other general accounting tasks, including but not limited to
- Process journal entries
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports.
- Support to Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college
- 3-6 years of experience in general accounting functions, including federal & international tax consulting or compliance. Background with UK tax would be a strong plus, as well as, national or regional CPA firm background would be a plus
- Understanding and experience in tax provision calculations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail, deadlines and accuracy
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines
- Strong computer skills, including Excel
- Primarily in an office environment
Apply for the position
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org