The Data Analyst will be focused on generating analytics related to data, types of data, and relationships among data elements within a business and/or IT system; turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions.
As a member of the Data Analytics team you will:
• Demonstrate the ability to organize and present complex data in a way that tells a compelling story and drives decision making
• Work with disparate data sources and formulating data structures for analyses
• Translate business requirements into technical implementations based on system capabilities
• Actively participate and supports the product development process with generating business insight using data analytics and information visualization concepts
• Demonstrate ability to manage competing projects while maintaining a high level of quality
• Validate analytics scenarios by means of functional prototypes or pilot solutions.
• Support enhancements of analytics products and services to improve business value and service quality according to business needs and industry best practices
• Create documents for each step of the project lifecycle, such as functional specifications, release and white papers, data dictionaries, test plans and other documents individualized and specific for each project; demonstrates it with the writing sample(s)
• Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills necessary to work effectively with clients, all levels of the organization and geographically distributed teams
• Take initiative, own your work, and persistent in following your efforts to completion.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or a related field and 3 to 5 years’ experience in a related field
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Strong working knowledge of data, SQL, and MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint)
• Solid understanding of basic statistical methods and concepts and the ability to interpret data and analyze the results
• Experience with data Visualization and BI tools such as DOMO, Tableu, Google BifQuery, etc…
• Exposure to software project management (such as Atlassian JIRA) Agile methodologies is a must
This is a full time position in our NYC office.
Send resume to: Rick Hernandez, firstname.lastname@example.org, Advisen Ltd., 1430 Broadway, Fl. 8, New York, NY 10018.