Advisen, headquartered in New York City, is a leading data, analytics and media company that serves the Property & Casualty insurance industry. Our clients are primarily insurance companies, insurance brokerages, and risk managers.
Advisen generates, integrates, analyses and communicates unbiased, real-time insights for the global community of commercial insurance professionals. Advisen Media produces a variety of media products including daily news content, white papers, webinars and events.
Advisen seeks a dynamic and collaborative Oracle PLSQL Developer to interface with data analysts, product managers and other developers to translate business and application requirements into configurable component designs and solutions. As an Oracle PL/SQL Developer, you will be a key member of the development team responsible for providing overall backend database support. We are looking for a candidate that has strong technical, design, and debugging skills concentrating in backend programming.
Preferred location for the position is our Kennett Square, PA office. Remote telecommuting may be considered for the right fit individual. Expected travel frequency is less than 20%.
• Must have 5 years PL/SQL experience using Oracle 10 or higher and a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
• Must have excellent knowledge of Oracle performance related features such as Query Optimizer, Execution Plans & Indexes
• Must have Experience in writing Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers using PL/SQL
• Must have experience in using Bulking techniques, Analytical Functions, Oracle PL/SQL Collections, and Partition utilization to increase performance
• Must have experience in database modelling, Data extraction and storage logic building
• Must have experience in converting business requirements into technical solutions
• Desired experience in utilizing various Oracle Utilities such as DBMS_XMLPARSER, SQL Loader, and External Tables for efficient data migration
• Desired experience in other Programming Languages such as: UNIX Shell Scripting, Python, Java, Angular JS
• Desired ability to function in agile team environment using Scrum framework.
• Desired experience in automating data loading, extraction, reports generation using UNIX Shell scripting.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work with our applications DBA, within a team and as an individual and be a contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Please note that Advisen uses E-verify to confirm legal I-9 work status in the US.
To apply send resumes to: email@example.com