Download PDF: Webinar Slides
March 24, 2015 at 11am EDT
Advisen hosted a webinar that discussed American with Disabilities Act (ADA) return-to-work interpretations covered in the 2015 Ultimate Guide to Mastering Workers’ Compensation Costs, a publication that offers practical tips on how employers can reduce their workers’ compensation costs significantly.
On March 24, Amaxx’s Rebecca Shafer and a panel of experts walked employers through new ADA Return-to-Work Interpretations and what they must know when interacting with injured workers. This is a free, one-hour webinar.
The following panelists participated in the webinar:
- Rebecca Shafer, President, Amaxx Risk Solutions, Inc., Attorney/Risk Consultant
- Jennifer Christian, President, Webility Corporation
- Aaron Konopasky, Senior Attorney Advisor, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
- Michael Stack, Principal, Amaxx Risk Solutions, CPA
- David Bradford, President, Research & Editorial division, Advisen (moderator)
The following topics were discussed:
- Can an employer require an employee to return to work?
- How long should a transitional duty position last?
- How long should the recovery time out of work last?
- Can a transitional duty program have a set time frame?
- To make return to work accommodations, must the employer meet with the employee or will a letter sent to the employee suffice?
- Are indefinite period time out of work permissible?
- Can the injured employee refuse to accept a transitional work assignment?
Reduce Workers Compensation Costs – Book on Program Management
Reduce workers compensation costs by 20 – 50% with the Ultimate Guide to Mastering Workers’ Comp Costs! There are now 4 options to explore – all written by a workers’ compensation expert with more than 25 years of experience.