Advisen is seeking a Loss Data Knowledge Leader to be based in New York City or Kennett Square, PA.
As part of Advisen’s Operations Team, the Loss Data Knowledge Leader will take a pro-active, hands-on approach to directing the qualitative and quantitative research, acquisition, application, and maintenance of Advisen’s industry-leading loss data assets. This individual will ensure that the database curation, documentation, delivery processes, and research procedures meet the insurance and risk-related needs of our carrier, broker, risk manager, and service supplier market segments, for their modelling, analytic, illustrative, and other applications. The Loss Data Knowledge Leader can be based in either Advisen’s Kennett Square, PA or New York City offices. Telecommuting may be considered for exceptional candidates.
This individual will report to the Senior Data Operations Manager and work closely with the following groups to achieve Advisen’s goals of increased data quality, flexibility, consistency, and efficiency for our loss data assets.
- Loss data research teams and content managers
- Technology and database development teams
- Product Management, Sales, Client Experience, Marketing, and Media teams
- Drive focus and direction based on needs of Sales, Marketing, Media, Client Experience, and Product teams, while supporting existing client, prospect, and management objectives
- Coordinate delivery of all knowledge management needs such as ongoing accuracy and completeness, new source identification and project implementation, submission of new individual cases and related/clash events, etc.
- Direct data maintenance and improvement activities for consistency and evolution of taxonomy, coding/tagging, and structure
- Work in tandem with Operations, Technology, and Data teams to enhance quality data through reviews of consistency and focused quality assurance checks, etc.
- Identify areas of concern regarding data quality and conduct knowledge based trainings of the data curation team
- Maintain loss data documentation including data guides, methodology documents, and client facing content for Media/Marketing, etc.
- Develop a detailed understanding of all relevant processes, SOPs, sources, teams, and data structures
- Actively participate in strategic initiatives such as identifying new or prospective loss trends, designing new products, development, etc.
- Develop a detailed understanding of how loss data relates to other Advisen datasets and product lines
- Respond to questions from both internal and external “clients”: create lists and queries, provide examples, and identify inconsistencies
- Identify new sources for third party data and facilitate mapping of data to the Advisen schema, coordinate loading of data, etc.
- Conduct Data analysis and for fulfillment of Media and Marketing projects – combining loss, policy transaction, and company data sets to support client deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Insurance, Law or a related field. Master’s degree or insurance designation (FCAS, CPCU, etc) is preferred
- Five to eight years’ experience in property/casualty insurance, risk management and mitigation, insurance and/or insurance law; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
- Subject matter expertise in commercial insurance / risk / legal issues
- Strong research and relational database skills
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Excel VBA, fuzzy logic, data source acquisition and mapping, and other technology/DB skills